It’s the season of what we named ‘white gold’ in The Netherlands, asparagus season! And I couldn’t wait to try and make it in a traditional way, but vegan. It turned out really tasty and I couldn’t wait to share it with all of you!
What you need for 2 servings:
• 10 white asparagus
• 2 handfulls of spinach leaves
• 250 grams of tofu
• 1 tsp curry powder
• 1 tsp paprika powder
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 garlic cloves
• Vegan creme fraishe (like Oatly)
• 1 vegetable- or mushroom bouillon cube
• Salt and pepper
- Crumble the tofu in a bowl. Add one minced garlic clove, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, the curry powder and the paprika powder. Mix well. Close the bowl and let it marinade.
- Trim the asparagus, then peel the stems with a potato peeler. Boil in salted water for 12-15 mins with the bouillon cube until the spears are tender. Drain well.
- While the asparagus are cooking, chop the parsley finely and mince the other garlic clove. Mix this with the vegan crème fraiche and a bit of salt and pepper. I also added a bit of water to make it thinner.
- Heat up 1 tsp of coconut oil and bake the tofu mix until it’s a bit browned. Als put the cooked asparagus in a grilling pan. I also added some pre cooked potatoes to the grill.
- Put the spinach on the plates and put the asparagus on top. Divide the sauce over the asparagus and top it off with the tofu scramble and a bit of parsley to make it look fancy!