What you need:
- 400 grams pumpkin, cubed
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- paprika powder
- pumpkin seeds
- optional: cubed goat cheese
- Put the pumpkin cubes with the stock cube into a soup pan with enough water to just cover it, not too much! Bring it to a boil, put the fire on low heat and let it simmer until the pumpkin is soft.
- In the meantime roast the pumpkin seeds in a dry skillet with a pinch of salt, once they pop, they’re done!
- When the pumpkin is soft, blend everything to a smooth mixture.
- Add the coconut milk and paprika powder to taste and give it a good stir, so everything is well combined.
- Divide the soup in bowl and finish top it with some paprika powder, pumpkin seeds and if you like some goat cheese.
Steam the pumpkin in stead of boiling it and put some soft cubes aside to use in home made baby soup.
Photo credit: Cala
Because of the dark evenings it’s hard to take my own pictures, that’s why I chose to use this one. Here’s one ugly phone photo I made of mine: