This past is like all my other recipes, healthy, tasty, easy and fast. Because, that’s what I like. Zoey and Wouter also love to eat this pasta, but they add some grated cheese, so that’s an option too if you’re not vegan. Anyways, long story short, here’s the recipe, because I’m guessing that’s what you came here for!
Ingredients for 2:
I usually have some leftover sauce which I put in the freezer in 1 persons portions or little bites for Zoey.
- 150 grams whole wheat fusili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Vegan minced ‘meat’
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (orange) bell pepper, small cubes
- 6 cherry tomatoes, in quarters
- 1/2 courgette, cubed
- 1 small can tomato puree
- 1 pack passata
- fresh basil
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Boil water for the pasta and follow the instructions on the package to cook it al dente. In the time that the water boils and the pasta cooks, you’re able to make the sauce.
- Put the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onions, add the garlic and stir well.
- Add the fake minced meat, the bell pepper, zucchini, paprika powder, oregano and thyme. Cook this on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Add the tomato puree and passata and let this simmer until the pasta is cooked. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste. We don’t add salt, because Zoey eats it too.
- Divide the cooked pasta over the plates, add the sauce and finish it with some fresh basil leaves. Put the left over sauce in an airtight container to eat it later.