For some days, when I don’t have a lot of time to make and eat breakfast, I usually make overnight oats the evening before. I already shared some recipes, like carrot cake overnight oats of Overnight oats met red berries.
I made this recipe without really thinking about it, I already made the base, so I only had to put some fruit and nuts on it before eating, by chance I had some left over smoothie that I made a bit to thick to drink, so I decided to put that on top of my oats and OMG it was so tasty! I just HAD to share the recipe here.
What you need for the smoothie:
This is enough for 4 jars of overnight oats, or just put some more fluids in the leftover smoothie and drink it.
- 1 banana
- 1 mango
- 100 grams cubed coconut
- 100 ml Dream coconut and rice milk
Ingredients for 1 jar of overnight oats:
- 4 tbsp oatmeal
- 1 tbsp coconut grater
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- 1/2 tbsp chia
- 150 ml Dream coconut and rice milk
- Some cubed mango
- 4 pecans
- Put the oatmeal, coconut grater, flax seeds and chia in a closeable jar. Add the milk and stir it well, so everything is properly mixed. Close the jar and put it in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Put all the ingredients for the smoothie in a blender and blend until you’ve got a smooth and thick mixture.
- Put the smoothie on top of the overnight oats and the leftover smoothie you can drink after you blend in some fluids (more milk, orange juice or just water).
- Finish you overnight oats with cubed mango, pecans, coconut grater and some chia seeds.