3,5 years ago, Wouter told me about his cooking skills: He could wok stuff and bake pancakes, that’s all. I didn’t mind because I love to cook, but I hate baking pancakes even though I love to eat them. So this would work out perfectly fine!
Now I know better, he can cook way more than he told me that evening. Every time I stayed over he made me the best breakfasts. Fresh croissants, baked eggs and delicious apple and banana from the oven. He knew he could win me over with food, lol! Nowadays he helps me with cooking when I get home from work late, perfect!
Back to that apple and banana from the oven. I would like to share Wouters recipe with you. After a few minor adjustments it’s pretty clean too (there was a lot of sugar in it) and it’s a perfect breakfast for a sunday morning.
What you need:
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp coconut blossom sugar or honey
- Greek yogurt
- Optional: Extra toppings like chia seeds, grated coconut etc.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the fruit, cut them into cubes and put it into an ovendish.
- Add the cinnamon, sugar or honey and mix it well.
- Put it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Eat the apple and banana mixture with some Greek Yogurt (or quark), or eat it like Wouter, on a slice of toast.