Lately I’ve been making lots of banana breads, not just because they’re super tasty, it’s also a healthy snack, easy to make and easy to take with you to work. I always have some slices frozen separately in the freezer, so it’s easy to grab a pack when I’m in a hurry for work. Tropical fruit is my fave, so it didn’t take long before I tried out a tropical banana bread! click here for the original recipe, and below you’ll find the tropical one!
What you need:
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup coconut grater
- 1,5 tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 tbsp peeled and unsalted pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a cake tin with grease proof paper.
- Peel the bananas, cut them in smaller pieces and put them into a blender. Add the dates in smaller pieces, the eggs, oatmeal, coconut grater and baking powder, blend until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin, spread out the mango and pistachios on top of your batter and push them in, until they’re fully covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- The cake will be a bit sticky on the inside and will stay moist even if you eat it after it has been defrosted. I cut the bread in 1/2″ slices and put them in the freezer packed separately. Every morning I’ll grab a slice to work and it will be perfect to eat before lunch!