Most of the time I just wish that we could get canned pumpkin puree here in the Netherlands, unfortunately the only canned pumpkin we can get is in specialized American stores, but those are very expensive. So I always make my own puree, but I’m keeping an eye out for canned pumpkin in Dutch supermarkets, because I’m lazy. Because I love everything pumpkin, I decided to make a separate blog for the recipe to refer to whenever I post a recipe using pumpkin puree.
I often use the puree for sweet recipes, so I didn’t add any spices.
- 1 pumpkin of choice – or if you don’t want to slaughter one – cubed pumpkin from the cooler or freezer
- a little bit of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- If you have a whole pumpkin, get the skin off.
- Cut into equally sized pieces (as much as possible, I know it’s hard lol.)
- Spread them out on a baking sheet and drizzle it with some olive oil.
- Put it into the oven for about 30 minutes or until they’re done. Stir after 15 minutes.
- When the pumpkin cubes are soft enough, blend them in a blender.
- You put left over puree in your freezer for later use.