Usually I always eat oatmeal with fruit and almond milk for breakfast, or soy yogurt with fruit. But this time I wanted something different. Because I used to love rice porridge (from the supermarket with extra butter and sugar), I decided to make up something like that, but vegan and healthier.
I turned out as a delicious breakfast, perfect for summer. It takes a while to make, because the rice have to be cooked, but it’s totally worth it! Perfect for a chill and sunny sunday morning.
(for 1 portion)
- 40 g sushirice
- zest and juice of 1/4 lime
- 30 ml coconutmilk
- 1 small mango, 1 half in cubes, the other half blended
- coconut grater and flakes
- (frozen) raspberries
- Chia seeds
- Mix the rice with the coconut milk, the lime zest and 150 ml water in a small pot. Put in on a fire until the water is boiling, put it on low fire and cook the rice for 20 minutes until it’s done.
- Mix the lime juice with the blended mango.
- Put the rice porridge in a bowl and top it with the mango cubes, raspberries, coconut grater and flakes and the chia seeds.