Today I’ve been eating vegan for more than a week now and I’m feeling pretty good! I’m not really missing anything yet and I’ve got more energy than usual. So, it’s not really hard to keep up! I did eat to many Oreo’s this weekend, yes they’re vegan, but during the week days I also avoid refined sugar and when I had my little Oreo cheat on the weekend, I immediately felt bad. Oops. Anyways, today Wouter had left over barbecue meat from the weekend, so I had to make something vegan for myself, but I did stay in the barbecue theme. I made these delicious barbecue tempeh wraps and sharing the recipe below:
What you need for 2 wraps:
- Santa Maria American BBQ sauce Kentucky Whiskey
- Maza Hummus
- 75 grams tempeh
- 2 No Fairytales beet tortillas
- a hand of spinach
- a hand of lettuce
- 8 cooked broccoli florets
- 1/2 paprika, in bite size pieces
- 1/2 avocado
- Cut the tempeh in small pieces and put them in a small pot and fully cover them with the barbecue sauce, put on a low fire and let is simmer for 15 minutes.
- Grab the tortillas and cover it in a layer of hummus.
- Divide the spinach, lettuce, broccoli florets, avocado, paprika and sprouts over the two tortillas and roll them up tightly. Cut them in half and serve them with some more broccoli.