After the Carrot Mugcake, I made another mugcake with a different flavor. I was craving chocolate super bad this week, so I decided to make a chocolate mugcake and since I try to eat as clean as possible, I used raw cocoa.
What you need for 1 cake:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp oatmeal
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp flax seeds
What you need for the topping:
- 3 tbsp low-fat quark (curd cheese) or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar free hazelnut chocolate spread (I had the hazelnut chocolate spread from Diablo)
- 2 tbsp raspberries
- Some pistachios
- Coconut grater
- Raw cocoa nibs
What you do:
- Peel the banana and cut of a piece of 2″ and set aside, you’ll be using that for your topping later.
- In a small bowl, mash the rest of the banana and add an egg and the oatmeal. Mix until you’ve got a smooth batter. Stir in the flax seeds and raw cocoa powder.
- Put the mug or bowl into a microwave for 2 minutes on 900 – 1000 W. It should come out dry and the sides of the cake not touching the mug or bowl. Turn your mug or bowl over on a plate and there’s your cake!
- Now it’s time for toppings! For this mugcake, I’ve used some hazelnut chocolate spread and low-fat quark, raspberries, slices of the piece of banana you set aside, pistachios, raw cocoa nibs and coconut grater. But you could top it with anything you like or have in your pantry.