I’ve been pinning these little mini terrariums for ages and when my friend and cousin-in-law Lisette asked me if I wanted to make some together, I immediately said yes! So last saturday, before we had a pizza and wine party, we went to a garden shop and bought everything we needed!
What we used:
- A glass vase or container with a large opening
- Cacti and succulents in different sizes
- Cactus mix soil
- Tweezers (trust me, those babies sting!)
- Pick out succulents that you would like to use in your terrarium.
- Select a glass container. Remember to choose a container with a wide opening to prevent accumulation of moisture.
- Place a 2-inch layer of gravel on the bottom of container; this provides drainage.
- Place a layer of cactus mix soil, a fast-draining soil that retains little moisture.
- Place the plants you’ve picked out in the soil and make sure they’re secure.
- Add accents or garden ornaments, such as little stone mushrooms; birds figurines and snails; large river rocks, you name it.