What you need:
- An ovendish of 24 x 24 cm
- 8 puff pastry sheets (enough to cover the oven dish)
- 200 grams soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 zucchini, super thin slices
- 1 red onion, in thin half rings
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 150 ml cream
- a handfull of basil leaves
- Black pepper
- Roasted pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celcius.
- roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface until large enough to fit in a 9-inch pie plate. Ease into the oven dish.
- Put a little bit of flour onto the puff pastry and cover it with the zucchini slices, on top of that divide a part of the onion, goat cheese, bell pepper, pepper and basil and repeat the steps until you’ve got nothing left or when your oven dish is full.
- Mix the eggs with the cream, salt, pepper and garlic. Pour evenly in the oven dish filling.
- Bake the quiche for about 55 to 65 minutes until it’s golden brown and done. Before serving let it rest for another 10 more minutes and decorate it with some left over basil and the roasted pine nuts. Enjoy!