Tiramisu is always a good idea. Especially this tropical tiramisu. Perfect for summer, after a barbecue or for easter! I made this dessert for Easter because of the color, and it was delicious. Not clean, not low in fat. In fact, this is a calorie bomb. But it was worth it. That’s why I wanted to share this recipe, I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we did!
What you need:
- 250 ml (3/4 cup) heavy cream
- 250 grams (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 6 tbsp Hugo
- 500 grams frozen mango cubes
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 40+ Lady fingers (2 packages)
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
How to make the filling:
- Blend half of the cubed mango to a puree and stir in half the grated coconut.
- Whip cream in a bowl until it holds stiff peaks.
- In another bowl mix the mascarpone with 2 tbsp of Hugo and the powdered sugar.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the seeds, add this to the mascarpone and stir well.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
How to assemble the tiramisu:
- Line the lady fingers on the bottom of an 8″ (20 cm) square dish (you might need to break some of the fingers to fill the whole bottom neatly) and sprinkle them with Hugo.
- Spoon half of the mascarpone filling over the lady fingers and spread into an even layer.
- Spoon the mango puree over the mascarpone filling in an even layer as well.
- Arrange a second layer of lady fingers over the mango puree and sprinkle it again with Hugo.
- Spoon the remaining mascarpone mixture over the lady fingers, spread into an even layer.
- Top it of with the remaining mango cubes and coconut grater.
- Place it in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving add the pistachios and enjoy your dessert!