Isn’t this pink mugcake cute? I made this for Wouter on Valentines Day, but this is perfect on any day really. Make it for yourself, your lover, or maybe a friends who’s staying over. It’s really easy to make and it looks like it’s really made with love, right?
What you need for 1 mugcake:
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp oatmeal
- 1/2 tbsp flax seeds
What you need for the topping:
- 1/3 cup raspberries (I used frozen ones)
- 3 tbsp low fat Greek Yogurt
- 3 walnuts
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Peel the banana and cut of a piece of 3″ and set aside, you’ll be using that for your topping later.
- In a small bowl, mash the rest of the banana, add an egg and the oatmeal. Mix until you’ve got a smooth batter. Stir in the flax seeds.
- Put the mug or bowl into a microwave for 2 minutes on 900 – 1000 W. It should come out dry and the sides of the cake not touching the mug or bowl. Turn your mug or bowl over on a plate and there’s your cake!
- Now it’s time for toppings! For this mugcake, I’ve blended the yogurt with half of the raspberries, for a nice pink ‘icing’ on the cake. I cut the left over banana in thin slices and put it around the cake, devided the rest of the raspberries over the plate and topping it of with little chunks of walnuts and some chia seeds.