Specially for the beginning of fall, I’ve made Pumpkin banana pancakes. They don’t only taste delicious, they also look pretty cool in orange!
So, it’s time to share another delicious and healthy option for a lovely pile of pancakes, this is what you need for two servings:
- 1/2 small pumpkin
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- Pumpkin spice or just cinnamon
- Greek yogurt or quark (non-fat)\
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Fruit and nuts for topping
What you do:
- Cut the pumpkin in several smaller pieces, remove the seeds and pulp and boil it for about 10 minutes
- When it’s soft, take it out of the water and remove the skin, it’s pretty easy to peal it off when the pumpkin is cooked.
- Chop the pumpkin in smaller pieces and put it in a food processor or blender, add the bananas, eggs and cinnamon or pumpkin spices and blend it to a smooth mixture
- Put a tablespoon of coconut oil in a baking pan and make 4 little pancakes at the time. Be careful when you turn them! Bake them until they’re brown and remove them from the pan. Continue doing this until you’re out of batter.
- Pile the pancakes with a little bit of Greek yogurt or quark between them.
- Top it off with quark, maple syrup and fruit and nuts you like.
If you want to try out these pancakes yourself, make sure you do it soon, now that the pumpkins are cheap! It’s a perfect breakfast for fall. I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as we did!