I lovvee Mexican food! Since I’ve been eating vegan I’ve been trying out different taco recipes and this is one of my favorites.
for 6 tacos
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 green onions, white parts, minced (green parts saved for garnish)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 can lentils, drained
- 8 cherry tomatoes, in quarters
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Fresh parsley
- 1 lime
- some red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 6 corn tortillas
- Warm oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and green onions, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Then add in the walnuts to toast for 2 minutes.
- Add chili powder and cumin to also toast for about 30 seconds.
- Now add a can of cooked lentils and cherry tomatos. Stir well, and season with a little salt.
- Bring it to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt.
- While the filling cooks, warm up tortillas in a skillet, or microwave for 30 seconds.
- Fill the tortillas with the lentil chili, and top with avocado, green onion, parsley, red cabbage and lime.