For easter breakfast I wanted to make something, delicious, but clean and easy. So I decided to go for another mugcake. Since we both love carrot cake, especially with a lemon cream cheese topping, I came up with the idea to make it into a healthy mugcake!
What you need for 1 cake:
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp oatmeal
- 3 tbsp grated carrot
- 1/2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Dutch cookie spices or Pumpkin Spice mix
What you need for the topping:
- 3 tbsp low-fat quark (curd cheese) or Greek yogurt
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- Some blueberries
- Some blackberries
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- 1/2 tsp chia seed
What you do:
- Put the grated carrot and the cookie spices in a small pot and cook it for about 3 minutes on a high fire. Drain it and let it cool down a bit.
- Peel the banana and cut in half, I used the other half of the banana to make another mugcake for my boyfriend.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana and add an egg, the cooked carrot, and the oatmeal. Mix until you’ve got a smooth batter. Finally, stir in the flax seeds.
- Put the mug or bowl into a microwave for 2 minutes on 900 – 1000 W. It should come out dry and the sides of the cake not touching the mug or bowl. Turn your mug or bowl over on a plate and there’s your cake!
- Now it’s time for toppings! For this mugcake, I wanted to make something like a lemon cream cheese, so I took some low fat quark (or curd cheese) and mixed it with the lemon juice and coconut grater. I topped everyting of with the berries, the pecans, bee pollen, chia seeds and some left over cooked carrot. But you could top it with anything you like or have in your pantry.