What you need for 2 servings:
- 150 grams whole wheat fussili
- 15 frozen cubes of spinach á la crème
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 100 grams bacon bits
- 2 tbsp pinenuts, roasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the fussili according the package.
- Bake the pieces of bacon in a frying pan until they’re crunchy. Do not use any butter or oil. I like to remove the fat from the pan as much as possible.
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil in a small pan with lid until they’re tender. Add the minced garlic and frozen spinach cube and cook it over low heat with the lid on top, so the spinach will slowely melt without burning. Don’t forget to stir every now and then!
- When everything is done, divide the pasta between two plates and add the spinach mixture. Finish it with the crispy bacon and pinenuts.
For some extra vitamins, add some halved cherry tomatoes to the spinach mixture right before you’re ready to serve.