Sometimes you’re out of fresh produce and you don’t feel like grocery shopping just yet. Then I’ll just check out the fridge for leftovers and our pantry to make a combination I think might succeed. This time it ended in a delicious pasta dish and like Always, I share the recipe here!
What you need for 2:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 spring onions, in small rings
- 1 can of tomato puree(70 gram)
- 250 gram sifted tomatoes
- 1 can of lentils (160 gram), strained
- 2 tsp. Italian herbs
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp. (garlic infused) olive oil
- 250 gram pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- In a pot, heat up the olive oil and saute the garlic and tomatopaste in it.
- When it’s starting to smell nicely. add the sifted tomatoes and the Italian herbs.
- Stir well, then add 2 tbsp of Parmesan and the lentils. Let it simmer until the pasta is cooked..
- Put the pasta on a plate and put the sauce on top. Finish it with a tablespoon of Parmesan and spring onion each.