Usually I share blogposts about a healthy lifestyle, but it’s no secret I love a fat pizza once in a while and I love to eat potato chips with a cold coca cola when I’m hung over. I also have a sweet tooth, so when I got these 4 jars of Dulce de Leche I couldn’t wait to taste it! I grabbed some tea spoons to taste it right out of the jar, ha! That’s the way you can taste it the best right?
Dulce de leche is a caramel pasta made of milk and sugar from Latin America, soft and full of flavor. I tried out 4 flavors: Cinnamon, vanilla, honey and seasalt. They were all delicious, but sea salt is my favorite!
I decided to make banana pancakes and sweeten them up with a thick layer of cinnamon Dulce de Leche. It was a succes, let me share the recipe:
What you need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil/li>
- 1/2 kiwi in slices
- 5 raspberries
- 3 walnuts
- 3 tbsp low fat Greek Yogurt
- Dulce de Leche
- Smash the banana and whisk an egg, stir them and the cinnamon together until you’ve got a smooth batter.
- Put some coconut oil in a hot pan and make 3 little pancakes of the batter, turn them around carefully when the bottom is golden brown.
- Put the biggest pancake on a plate, put a nice layer of Dulce de Leche on it and put a tbsp of Greek Yogurt in the center. Put another pancake on top and repeat the steps.
- Decorate the pancakes with the fruits and walnuts.
We loved the Dulce de Leche on the pancakes. And it isn’t not that unhealthy, lol! Check Check this link for more info and to order your own!