When I’m eating Tortizza, like the Tortizza Salame Tartufo I shared a couple of weeks ago, I like to make different kinds of toppings. Caprese is one of Wouter’s favorites and I love it too.
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tbsp (home made) pesto genovese
- 1 big tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 mozzarella ball, in little pieces
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- Some basil leaves
- Black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put 1 tbsp of pesto on each tortilla, spread evenly.
- Divide the mozzarella and the tomato between the tortillas and top it with a bit of grated cheese and black pepper.
- Put them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Put some basil leaves on them before serving.