Sometimes I don’t feel like eating a light and very healthy meal. I crave something hearty, creamy and buttery. So I just make it. This time I tried something new and we both absolutely loved it! So off course I’ll share the recipe here, even though it’s not that healthy, but sometimes that’s alright.
What you need for two servings:
- 150 grams whole wheat pasta
- 150 grams of chicken fillet, in bite size pieces
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 100 ml cream or mascarpone
- 85 grams spinach
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 slices of bacon
- 3 tbls Parmesan
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 50 ml water
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan until they’re crispy. Place them on a paper towel to drain the fat. Put the chicken into the same pan and cook it until it’s well done in the bacon fat. Add some salt and pepper to taste and remove the chicken from the pan.
- In that same pan, you’ll put the butter and saute the red onion until they’re done than add the minced garlic.
- Add the zest and juice from the lemon, the chili flakes and thyme. Stir it well. Than add the cream or mascarpone and 50 ml of water to make it a sauce.
- Add the spinach and keep stiring until the spinach is wilted down. Add the Parmesan and the cherry tomatoes and the sauce is done!
- Then stir in the cooked pasta and the chicken so everything mixes well. Put it on the plate and top it with pieces of crunchy bacon.