Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love sunshine, fresh smoothies, shorts and skirts, but I’m kinda done with it. Since I’m pregnant I can’t really tolerate the heat as I used to, so I was sooo looking forward to fall.. Burning scented candles, the leafs changing, sweater weather and just the coziness that comes with colder days. Of course I don’t like the rain, the dark mornings and muddy walks with Pip. But this time of year always feel magical to me. And today I’m sharing 5 items that make fall perfect to me:
- A good book, this week I’m reading Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs. I’ve read all of the Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children books, so I couldn’t miss out on this one, especially with the movie coming out! It’s a perfect little read on a rainy day.
- The perfect nail polish. I love to wear O.P.I.’s Every month is Oktoberfest. It’s a lovely dark red/purple-ish color.
- Pumpkin Spiced Lattes. Yes, every year I’m waiting patiently for this Starbucks drink. It reminds me of my time in the States and I dream back every time I take a sip.
- My favorite fall/winter perfume surely is Prada – Amber. It’s really spicy and heavy, perfect for darker days and fancy Christmas outfits.
- Scented Candles and especially Yankee Candles. They’re really hard to come by and pretty expensive here in the Netherlands, but every season I allow myself to buy a couple of candles that remind me of the season. This fall I picked out Cosy by the fire, Autumn night and Spiced orange. Love it. Can’t wait to shop for winter!
So these are my favorite fall related items of the moment. Tell me, what are your favorites?