January is almost over, so it's time to share the Dailystills list with photo prompts for February. I'm looking forward to working with this list, it's gonna be so much fun!
you joining us in February? Let us know on Instagram :) My IG account:
@daintydreamblog and Shannon: @shanimal_. You're allowed to save this photo
and share it on Instagram too, enjoy!
Not sure how Dailystills works? Let me explain..
♥ Grab your camera or phone.
♥ Look at the monthly list to find the prompt for the day. The number corresponds to the date of the month.
a photo using the prompt as inspiration. So for February the prompt for
day 1 is ‘Wheels'. So take a photo from your car, your dream car, a bicycle, you name it!
you’ve taken a picture, it’s time to share it on Instagram. Use the
hashtag #dailystills so we can all see and like it! Note: There are also
people who share their Dailystills on Facebook, Twitter or their blog.
So no worries when you don't use Instagram, just share them wherever you
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Monday, January 26, 2015
- A mason jar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (or one bar, chopped)
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips (or one bar, chopped)
What you need to make the cookies:
- (not included in the jar)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
What you do:
- In the order the ingredients are listed, put everything in a jar, make sure you make neat layers.
- When you want to make the cookies, put everything in the jar in a large bowl, add the butter and the egg. Mix everything together.
- Roll into 1" balls and bake at 375 degrees fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
Sunday, January 25, 2015
The Zaanse Schans is one of the biggest local attractions for tourists. It's an outdoor museum with the old green houses and windmills that Zaandam is known for. People actually still live there! So when we finally had a blue sky I decided to go on a little photo walk and join the tourists in my own town. Here are the photos:
Saturday, January 24, 2015
Friday, January 23, 2015
When I wasn't living as healthy as the last couple of years, I used to like a bowl of instant noodles for lunch. Just add some boiling water to a package and there you have it, a super easy (not so healthy) lunch. When I was prepping our salads I was thinking about it and decided to make up a healthier version. Home made instant noodles. And here's the recipe! Take it to work and just add some boiled water and enjoy!
What you need for the bouillon powder:
What you need for the bouillon powder:
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 4 heat safe jars
- 90 grams soba noodles
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1/4 cup bouillon powder (above)
- 3 spring onions, in small rings
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- First make the bouillon powder. Place all the ingredients in a dry bowl and mix well.
- Cook the soba noodles according to the package until they begin to soften (about 2 minutes). Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water, to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Assemble the instant cups. Set out the 4 jars that can accommodate about 20 fluid ounces (I've just Bonne Maman jam jars). In each jar layer the ingredients in the following order: Spinach, carrots, chicken, miso paste (1/2 tbsp per jar), wasabi paste (1/2 tsp per jar), soy sauce (1 tsp per jar), softened noodles and spring onions. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When you're hungry, just take a jar and fill it with boiling water, close the lid and wait 2 minutes. Open it, stir well and enjoy!
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Last sunday we (Wouter, Maikel, Lisette and me) went to a special event, right here in our home town, Zaandam. One of the local restaurants, De Boekanier teamed up with a Michelin chef, Timo Munts, to serve a Michelin star quality dinner (and lunch) for a very nice price!