Okay, so I’m the kind of person who can’t wait for fall to start. I’ve been thinking about autumnal recipes since last heatwave. Now that it was finally starting to cool down a bit I got excited and started to make some of them. Today it’s so warm, it feels like summer again, but that couldn’t stop me from making these Pumpkin Spice buns (like cinnamon buns, but with Pumpkin Spice, I know, genius right?) This recipe is super easy and quick, because I used croissant dough from the store!
What you need:
- Croissants Dough 6 pack
- 1,5 tbsp soft butter
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Spice (store bought or make it yourself, here’s my recipe)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Handful of pecans
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius
- Unwrap the dough and fold it out on a flat surface. Close up the folds and holes by pressing the dough together and flatten it out.
- Mix the 1 tbsp of the butter with the pumpkin puree and Pumpkin Spice and spread it out over the dough evenly. Sprinkle it with a bit of the brown sugar to taste.
- Roll up the dough and use a sharp knife to slice it into 6 even slices. Put them on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- When the buns are in the oven, melt half a tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan over low heat, chop up the pecans and put them in the butter once it’s melted. Add a tablespoon of honey and mix well.
- Divide the glazed pecans over the buns once they’re out of the oven.
Seriously, it’s so fast it’s ridiculous. Let me know if you’ve tried it out!