Wow, 2017 has flown by! First of all, I want to wish you all a very happy 2018, may all your wishes come true. I hope you’ll find your way back to my little blog, because I have some fun stuff in store for you! Today I’m looking back to last year and like every year, I’m also sharing all the books I’ve read in 2017.
- The birth of Zoey. On Valentines Day, our daughter was born after a fast delivery and a good pregnancy.
- Family visiting from the States. 5 years ago I stayed with them for a couple of weeks, I’m so happy I could do the same thing for them. It was a fun time and I can’t wait to see them again this June.
- A new job. I started a new job as a content manager in the marketing team from a real estate office with my friend Melissa.
- Working out with friends. A couple of weeks after my delivery I went back to the gym again and I’m nowhere where I want to be, but going with friends makes it all a bit more fun. Thanks Laura and Sanny.
Trips and vacations:
Like you know, Wouter and I like to go on vacations and city trips. This year we didn’t let the birth of Zoey stop us. This is what we did in 2017:
- A long weekend in Prague with Wouter, Mirjam and Zoey. All our stuff packed in our car and we drove all the way there to stay with Lydia. So much fun.
- Roadtrippen through North Normandy and Brittany with Wouter en Zoey. the weather wasn’t that great, but we had a fun time and even spent some nights in a treehouse!
- Sun, sea, beach and vegan ice cream in Split, Croatia with Lydia. This time I took a plane on my own to see her. I did miss Wouter and Zoey an awful lot, but it was good to spend quality time with a friends without worrying about milk and diapers.
- I also went to Dublin for a weekend with my colleagues. It was fun getting to know them in a different environment that the office.
- In december we’ve got a sort of new tradition. Last year we went to a cabin in the woods with our friends Jorrit and Emmy, this year we did it all again.
The books I’ve read in 2017:
- Sarah J. Maas – Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
- Robert Galbraith – The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike, #2)
- J. K. Rowling – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, illustrated edition (Harry Potter, #2)
- Laini Taylor – Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)
- Brandon Sanderson – Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
- Laini Taylor – Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)
- Laini Taylor – Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
- Sarah J. Maas – Crown of Midnights (Throne of Glass, #3)
- Alexandra Bracken – Passenger (Passenger, #1)
- Alexandra Bracken – Wayfarer (Passenger, #2)
- Sarah J. Maas – Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #4)
- Stephanie Garber – Caraval (Caraval, #1)
- Laini Taylor – Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1)
- Sarah J. Maas – Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
- Sarah J. Maas – Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5)
My goal for 2017 was to read 25 books, but because of Zoey’s birth and our Netflix account, I didn’t really succeed, lol. But, one of my resolutions for this year is less Netflix and more books. So for this year I set my goal at 20 books and I’m sure I’m going to make it. Follow me on Good Reads to see if I’ll make it.
In 2018 I’m looking forward to:
- Our trip to California, where we’re visiting family and visit as many National Parks as possible in an RV.
- Shannon is coming back to Zaandam (where I live)!
- Jorrit en Emmy will be our neighbors.
- Starting up my business as an illustrator and graphic designer.
- Being proud of my body by working out and eating healthy.
- Parties and festivals in summer.
What you can expect on Dainty Dream:
- Delicious vegan and vegetarian recipes, I want to eat less animal products and my plan is to go 80% vegan. The good stuff I come up with will appear on this blog.
- More art and graphic design.
- Trips, travels and hotspots. One of my favorite categories on this blog.
- Sharing my Project Life pages.
- Free downloads (like planners, phone- and desktop backgrounds etc.)
- Snippets of my life.