On rainy days in the fall, I love to get cozy on the couch with a hot drink. Usually that’s a vanilla latte by Wouter or hot chocolate with to much whipped cream. In my search for a healthier option, I made this warm pumpkin smoothie. Which was delicious! And it’s very convenient when you’re already making other dishes with pumpkin, you can just use some left overs to make this. This is the recipe:
- 50 gram pumpkin, cubed
- 1 banana
- 150 ml unsweetened almond milk
- Pumpkin spice
- Pumpkin seeds
- Steam the pumpkin in a steam pan until it’s soft (use a fork to see if it’s soft enough). I usually steam a whole pumpkin, so I can make other dishes with pumpkin, like pumpkin soup, pumpkin spice cupcakes, baby food, you name it.
- While steaming the pumpkin, heat up the almond milk.
- Put the warm pumpkin, a banana, warm almond milk en a teaspoon of pumpkin spice in a blender and blend until smooth. Add some more milk when your smoothie is to thick.
- Pour the smoothie in a big mug and top it with more pumpkin spice and some pumpkin seeds. Put in a cute straw and you’re ready to snuggle up!