Banana bread has been one of my favorite healthy snacks for a long time. I make one every week and I put the slices in the freezer seperately, so I only have to take one out to take with me to work, perfect with a cup of tea in the afternoon. Every time I try out different things with it, adding different types of fruit or nuts, but today I want to share with you my basic recipe.
What you need:
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1,5 cup oatmeal
- 1,5 tbsp baking powder
- Optional: 1/3 cup frozen berries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a cake tin with grease proof paper.
- Peel the bananas, cut them in smaller pieces and put them into a blender. Add the dates in smaller pieces, the eggs, oatmeal and baking powder, blend until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin, if you want some fruit in your banana bread toss some frozen berries on top of your batter and push them in, until they’re fully covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- The cake will be a bit sticky on the inside and will stay moist even if you eat it after it has been defrosted. I cut the bread in 1/2″ slices and put them in the freezer packed seperately. Every morning I’ll grab a slice to work and it will be perfect to eat before lunch!