Last saturday I wanted try something new for lunch. So I checked my fridge and I’ve found a bag of spinach and some leftover goat cheese. We always have eggs, so I decided to make this omelette. And it tasted super good, so I had to share the recipe with you!
What you need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 hands of spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- 90 grams goat cheese
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp garden cress
- Add oil to a skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring once or twice, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Place spinach on top, cover and let wilt, about 30 seconds. Stir to combine.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and pour over the onion and spinach mixture. Crumble the goat cheese on top, pushing it a bit into the egg. Sprinkle some black pepper and salt over it and put it on a low-heat. Cover your skillet with a lid for about 5 minutes.
- Very carefully turn your omelette (I used a second skillet, because I was afraid to break the omelette and it worked!). Make sure it’s golden brown on both sides, before you slide it onto a big plate.
- Top your omelette with the hemp seeds and garden cress.